The Keeper's Companion vol. 1 is an invaluable resource for Call of Cthulhu keepers. New material includes advice for new keepers, a lengthy study of Mythos artifacts, a learned discussion of many occult books, an up-to-the-moment description of every facet of forensic medicine, a thorough revision and expansion of the game skills (including nearly two dozen new ones), and the augmented text of the Keeper's Compendium, somewhat updated — forbidden books, secret cults, alien races, and mysterious places. Additional short essays and features round out this book.
- "13 Suggestions for Keepers" — Common sense and sly applications to improve your games.
- "Occult Books" — More than 60 occult books and references summarized, often including titles of individual chapters.
- "Languages and Scripts" — A quick guide to when languages and language forms existed.
- "Arcane Antiquities" — More than 20 items and artifacts not gathered in the rulesbook, taken from stories and scenarios. Background, pertinent stats, mechanics.
- "Secret Cults" — Antagonists, allies, and scholars who know too much for safety or sanity.
- "Forensic Medicine" — the science and techniques of death investigation, past and present, in cogent detail.
- "Alien Races, Mysterious Places" — Two short chapters concerning special mysteries of the Mythos, from deep ones and voormis to Atlantis, Yuggoth, and beyond.
- "Skills, Expansions, New Skills" — fresh discussion of skill applications, coverages, and how some skills relate. More than 80 skills.
- Plus Good Cthulhu Hunting, An Alternate Resistance Table, Feverish Study, Law Enforcement Timeline, Circumstances of Death by State, Brainstorming, Books and Sanity, Alternate Rules, updated Investigator's Sheet, etc.
by Keith Herber, et. al.; Illustrated by Paul Carrick, Drashi Khendup, Earl Geier, Tom Sullivan, Dreyfus, Lisa A. Free, Jason Eckhardt; Cover by Paul Carrick. 208 pages, illustrated, indexed. 8.5 x 11" Perfect-Bound Paperback.