Now up to six players can muster their knights against the scourge threatening Catan! The 5-6 Player Expansion for Catan: Cities & Knights™ allows you to expand and inject more excitement into your games without sacrificing ease of play. Designed for five or six players, it adds even more drama to the award-winning game of culture, politics, and warfare. In the Catan: Cities & Knights 5-6 Player Expansion you control a group of settlers who must defent Catan from raiding barbarians. Field your knights, build a magnificent and impregnable metropolis, and enrich your cities with fine culture and flourishing trade routes. Culture and military might will make Catan yours! You must have The Settlers of Catan board game and the Cities & Knights expansion in order to use this extension.
Requires The Settlers of Catan The Setters of Catan 5-6 player Extension and Cities & Knights of Catan Expansion to play.
43 game pieces
12 knights (6 of each color) - 6 bridges (3 of each color)
2 wagons (1 of each color) - 12 barbarians (bronze color)
11 camels (brown color)
2 cards for "The Fishermen of Catan"
2 sets of cards for "Traders & Barbarians"
12 terrain tiles and fishing ground tiles
16 gold coin counters (8 small, 8 large)
2 Special "Poor Settler" Cards/Tiles
18 commodity tokens
14 fish tokens
1 rules booklet
The following changes have been made:
1. The boxes have all transitioned from landscape to portrait.
2. The graphics of all covers and tiles and cards were executed by the same artist.
3. The backs of all cards remain the same, the faces of the cards are new art.
4. The tiles have similar perspective to the 4th edition tiles, but the art is new and slightly different, it’s a new artist.
5. The dice remain the same
6. The wood components remain the same colors and supplier.
7. The rules book contains new graphics.
8. The material used in the tiles is the same as fourth edition after July 2013. This is heavier than the European stock.
9. The tile size and cut remain the same as the previous 4th edition, since July 2013.
10. The game is now titled: Catan.