The prosperous Kingdom of Greengully, ruled for centuries by the Forever King, has issued a decree to its citizens to colonize the vast lands beyond its borders. In an effort to start a new village, the Forever King has selected 6 citizens for the task, each of whom has a unique set of skills they use to build their charter.
In Charterstone, a competitive legacy game scaled for 1-6 players, you construct buildings and inhabit a shared village. Building stickers are removed from cards and permanently added to your charter on the board, becoming action spaces for any player to use (kind of like Lords of Waterdeep and Caylus). Thus, a few available buildings soon grow into a bustling village with dozens of actions.
Charterstone features the following:
- No rulebook: just open the box and the game will tell you what to do next
- Engine-building elements within each game and over the course of the campaign
- A branching storyline where short-term decisions impact long-term mechanisms
- Time as a resource, impacting the cost to use buildings and player order
- One component that has never been in a board game (update: 1 game has it!)
- 75 “crates” to unlock: 350+ unique cards and 230+ wooden tokens
- Your journey through Charterstone’s many secrets will last 12 games, but it doesn’t end there. Your completed village will be a one-of-a-kind, variable worker-placement game.