n INCA EMPIRE the players are "Apus" (leader of one of the four regions/suyus). Your job as an Apu is to increase your status in the eyes of the divine emperor ("Sapa Inca") by doing the best job of expanding and improving the empire. Each Apu begins with the manpower of their region of the original empire. They build roads and conquer neighboring regions, increasing the manpower and resources available to them. Apus are awarded for each new region they add to the empire and for improvements such as terraces, garrisons, cities and temples.
The player who has the most victory points (VP) at the moment Pizarro arrives in the Inca capital at Cuzco wins the game.
A reinvisioning of the game, "Tahuantinsuyu".
- 1 Game board (double-sided: front side for 4 players; back side for 3 players)
- 1 Sun Event board (double-sided: front side for 4 players; back side for 3 players)
- 4 Construction Cost cards
- 32 Sun Event cards
- 73 Labor Tokens
- 45 Local Culture markers
- 4 Invasion markers (only required for the variant “Pizzaro’s Arrival”)
- 20 City markers
- 20 Terrace markers
- 20 Garrison markers,
- 20 Temple markers
- 4 Turn Order tiles
- 5 wooden Inca figures
- 240 Wooden sticks (60 sticks in each color)
- 1 Rulebook