True heroes know that evil is not an abstraction, nor a concept to be debated. Rather, it is a relentless adversary, a dark tide that seeks always to roll over the world, turning the hearts of gentle souls with its claws and whispers. Against this onslaught stand a proud and pious few: those priests and soldiers who dedicate themselves in body and soul to the forces of light, ready to lay down their lives in defense of the innocent. Aided by the powers of their gods, these stalwart champions use sword and spell, faith and ferocity to protect all that they hold dear. For they know that if they do not—who will?
Faiths of Purity presents a player-friendly overview of the good-aligned religions of the Pathfinder campaign setting, along with new rules and information to help players customize pious characters in both flavor and mechanics.
Inside this book, you'll find:
- Information on each of the major good-aligned gods and his or her corresponding religion, including what's expected of adventurers of various classes, ways for the faithful to identify each other, taboos, devotions and ceremonies, church hierarchies, holy texts, religious holidays, and more
- New traits to help represent and cement a character's background in the church
- New feats and combat tricks for all holy warriors
- New god-specific spells for a wide variety of spellcasting classes
- Paladin codes for sacred warriors of each major god, as well as new organizations and knightly orders
- Details on good-aligned minor deities, racial gods, empyreal lords, and more!
- Faiths of Purity includes key information on:
- Cayden Cailean, god of freedom, ale, wine and bravery
- Desna, goddess of dreams, stars, travelers and luck
- Erastil, god of farming, hunting, trade and family
- Iomedae, goddess of valor, rulership, justice and honor
- Sarenrae, goddess of the sun, redemption, honesty and healing
- Shelyn, goddess of beauty, art, love and music
- Torag, god of the forge, protection and strategy