Sunken Empires is a treasure trove for anyone fascinated with lost civilizations and ancient magic, from GMs who want to place the technology of lost civilizations, run astonishing undersea adventures, expand their aboleth lore — or just sink an inconvenient continent to players who want more choices for their class, their caster, and their gear.
Sunken Empires supports aboleth-centric, Atlantean, and similar adventures with technology and lore for any civilization, lost or otherwise, and creatures from the Underdeep.
It’s time to go beneath the surface.
- Introduction by the creator of the aboleths, D&D designer David “Zeb” Cook.
- How to Sink an Empire: worldbuilding cataclysms
- Weapons and technology of lost empires, from lightning spears to mind paste.
- New PC races and classes, including the surprising net fighter and oceanic bloodlines
- Spells and magic of the sea, including new domains
- New creatures, including coral drakes, drowned maidens, and goblin sharks
- DM tools and adventure hooks
- Complete Ecology of the Aboleth
Written by Brandon Hodge and Open Design patrons, with frequent review, playtest and feedback to maximize playability. 80 pages.