In the tradition of Runebound: Island of Dread and Runebound: Midnight, Fantasy Flight Games is proud to present Runebound: Sands of Al-Kalim. In the tales told in Terrinoth, there is a legendary land, a place long lost. Many have attempted to find it once more, but like a mirage in the desert, it has forever eluded them, remaining tantalizingly on the horizon. It is a harsh place of blowing sands and dangerous creatures, of beautiful cities and alien magics. It is the land of Al-Kalim!
In this expansion to the Runebound fantasy adventure board game, the players have found the key to this hidden place. Their goal is to forge their own entry in the Ninety-Nine Tales of Al-Kalim. Sands of Al-Kalim differs from most Runebound adventures in that it does not include Encounter and Event cards that describe a set story. Rather, the players tell the story! They will face legendary challenges and gain legendary rewards, including mighty mounts, forgotten runes, and magical artifacts. He who completes his tale first is immortalized in song and legend, and wins the game.
Sands of Al-Kalim is an expansion for the Runebound Second Edition board game, which is necessary in order to play this expansion. Sands of Al-Kalim is suitable for 2 to 6 players, and it includes:
- 6 new Hero figures and Hero cards, for use in any Runebound game.
- A new game board overlay and dynamic new environmental effects, including a moving sandstorm, the passage of day into night, and cities that appear and disappear.
- Dozens of new cardboard counters and tokens, including the sandstorm, pack camels, waterskins, adventuring kits, Lost Cities, and more!
- 56 new Challenges and 23 new Allies.
- 25 Legendary Quest cards, which become Legendary Rewards as each hero completes his own epic tale.